Stop racism in Goa, says Eduardo Faleiro
Panaji: Former minister of state for external affairs Eduardo Faleiro Friday condemned the ongoing racism against dark-skinned Nigerians in Goa.
Addressing a press conference in Panaji, Faleiro said the killing of the Nigerian national sparked a law and order crisis and caused a crackdown on Nigerians in the state some weeks back.
"Don`t be racist against dark people... What is happening here is a matter of great concern. In fact, we should have better relations with Africa. More students from Africa should be brought to Goa in exchange programmes," Faleiro added.
The former union minister also said that drugs traders in Goa had to be cracked down, irrespective of nationalities.
"People from many nationalities are involved in drugs trade, even Goans," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway