Stringent regulations on mining from I-Day onwards
Panaji:The Goa government has decided to implement stringent regulations on the mining industry in the state from August 15 onwards, with an aim to curtail unregulated and illegal mining in the state.
Directorate of Mines and Geology in its letter to the association of mine owners, exporters and barges (ship carrying ore) owners has asked them to adhere to the new regulations, failing which strict action is prescribed in the notification.
As per the new regulations, the mine owners will lose licence to operate, if the trucks employed by him violate the law 25 times.
"If overloading of 25 or more carrier/trucks is found from any lease area, the proposal shall be moved to the government for termination of the lease," the notification issued by Director of Mines Prasanna Acharya reads.
Acharya has said that since new mining season is about to begin (in September), it is important to regulate the transportation of ore so as to maintain a proper account of ore for computation of royalty and other dues payable to the government.
The regulations, he said, is also to ensure that mining transport is regulated through respective lease holders or traders irrespective of the fact whether the transportation of ore is carried by lease holders or traders directly or otherwise.
The licence of lease holder has been threatened to be cancelled, if they don`t install electronic weigh bridge with necessary software to generate transit pass or permits as specified by the directorate.
The overloading of the trucks has been strictly prevented and truck overloading the ore, will be fined for Rs five lakh.
The permit generated on the weigh bridge should be pasted on the windshield of the truck. The barges (ships which carry ore from jetties to the harbor) will have to be registered with the Directorate of Mines and Geology.
No barge without registration will be allowed to ply.
The state government has given time till August 27 for registration of the barges. The ships have also been asked not to indulge in carrying the ore which has been extracted illegally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'