Students soon to study from e-notepads in Goa schools
Panaji: The Goa government is all set to make education hi-tech by introducing e-notepads in schools for the students of class V and VI from next month.
Around 50,000 e-notepads would be provided to schools, including those run by private institutions, which would be supplied to students of Class V and VI, state Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said today.
The government would tender the purchase of bulk e-notepads by the end of this month, he said.
"The students will get e-notepads in their hand by July month," he said.
The gadget would be pre-loaded with the syllabus and upgraded on timely basis.
Parrikar said that all schools would get wi-fi connectivity by December, so that the students can access internet on the e-notepad, sitting in the class.
The introduction of e-notepads would not mean doing away with the black boards or paper note books from the classes, he said.
"The student would carry notebooks and there will be black board teaching. The e-notepad will help the student revise his classroom teaching when he is back at home," Parrikar said.
The overhead projectors are also planned in few of the schools so that the students can be taught in a more interactive manner.
Meanwhile, the state government today launched special buses to ferry students in the government schools.
State government run Kadamba Transport Corporation will ply these buses on 83 routes. Today, the buses were inaugurated on 20 routes.
All the 83 routes would be covered in next one and half month, the Chief Minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Air ambulance crash lands in Delhi: This is how the pilot saved lives of passengers
- Uttarakhand Class 10 Results 2016: (uaresults.nic.in) Uk Board Class 10th Result 2016, Uttarakhand Board Class 10th X Result 2016, UBSE 10th Class Result to be announced today at 11 am
- Govt's solution for bad loans: Merge state-owned banks to 6 from 27
- I am proud of doing 'Rustom': Ileana D'Cruz
- Rafael Nadal crushes Sam Groth to make French Open second round