Subramanian Swamy faces Congress ire over his HIV positive students remark on FB
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Panaji: Accusing the BJP senior leader Subramanian Swamy of spreading animosity against the Catholic Church, the Goa Pradesh Congress has filed a complaint with Panaji Police over the former`s recent Facebook remark, as per reports on Saturday.
Swamy had recently wrote a post on his Facebook page wherein he had said that `Goa church loves everyone except HIV+ kids`.
His remark was in reference to the 13 HIV positive orphaned students from a South Goa school who were transferred last month to another school by the Church authorities following pressure from the school`s PTA.
The Congress party spokesperson from Goa, Durgadas Kamat, told an English daily that the post is clearly an offence coming within the ambit of Sections 153 and 153-A of the IPC and as it is in cyberspace, an offence needs to be registered against the BJP leader under Section 66A of Information Technology Act.
He further added, that the church is firm on its decision to admit HIV positive kids in the school at Rivona in south Goa despite pressure from parents of other students.
Kamat also said that the BJP leader is trying to provoke others against the minority community and that his remark is insensitive and directed to communalise and politicise the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Manipur HSLC exam result 2016: Manipur Board Class 10 result to be declared shortly, check manresult.nic.in for Manipur Class X result 2016
- Air ambulance with seven people crash lands in Delhi's Najafgarh
- Nehru, Gandhi family responsible for rising rapes in India, says Rajasthan BJP MLA Gyandev Ahuja
- Shocking video: Old woman mercilessly beaten up by her daughter in Delhi
- Chris Gayle: Melbourne Renegades refuse to renew his contract for BBL 6