Subramanian Swamy faces Congress ire over his HIV positive students remark on FB
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
Panaji: Accusing the BJP senior leader Subramanian Swamy of spreading animosity against the Catholic Church, the Goa Pradesh Congress has filed a complaint with Panaji Police over the former`s recent Facebook remark, as per reports on Saturday.
Swamy had recently wrote a post on his Facebook page wherein he had said that `Goa church loves everyone except HIV+ kids`.
His remark was in reference to the 13 HIV positive orphaned students from a South Goa school who were transferred last month to another school by the Church authorities following pressure from the school`s PTA.
The Congress party spokesperson from Goa, Durgadas Kamat, told an English daily that the post is clearly an offence coming within the ambit of Sections 153 and 153-A of the IPC and as it is in cyberspace, an offence needs to be registered against the BJP leader under Section 66A of Information Technology Act.
He further added, that the church is firm on its decision to admit HIV positive kids in the school at Rivona in south Goa despite pressure from parents of other students.
Kamat also said that the BJP leader is trying to provoke others against the minority community and that his remark is insensitive and directed to communalise and politicise the issue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read