Suspended cop gets bail in case of nexus with drug
Panaji: A suspended Goa police officer, arrested for alleged nexus with a drug peddler, was on Thursday granted bail by a local court.
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court granted conditional bail to former police sub-inspector Sunil Guddlar, who was caught demanding bribe from a relative of Israeli drug peddler David Driham alias Dudu.
CBI is investigating the case as a part of the three drug peddler-policemen nexus cases.Guddlar was arrested in October last year.
The court granted him bail on a surety of Rs one lakh, with the condition that he would not interfere with the witnesses and also appear before CBI.
The bail was granted after the central agency failed to file the charge sheet in the case.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had yesterday rejected CBI`s application seeking more time to file the charge sheet.
Guddlar was allegedly found hobnobbing with Dudu`s sister during a sting operation, which caught him asking for a bribe to release her brother.
Dudu is currently out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'