Suspended cop gets bail in case of nexus with drug
Panaji: A suspended Goa police officer, arrested for alleged nexus with a drug peddler, was on Thursday granted bail by a local court.
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court granted conditional bail to former police sub-inspector Sunil Guddlar, who was caught demanding bribe from a relative of Israeli drug peddler David Driham alias Dudu.
CBI is investigating the case as a part of the three drug peddler-policemen nexus cases.Guddlar was arrested in October last year.
The court granted him bail on a surety of Rs one lakh, with the condition that he would not interfere with the witnesses and also appear before CBI.
The bail was granted after the central agency failed to file the charge sheet in the case.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had yesterday rejected CBI`s application seeking more time to file the charge sheet.
Guddlar was allegedly found hobnobbing with Dudu`s sister during a sting operation, which caught him asking for a bribe to release her brother.
Dudu is currently out on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis