Suspended cop gets bail in case of nexus with drug
Panaji: A suspended Goa police officer, arrested for alleged nexus with a drug peddler, was on Thursday granted bail by a local court.
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court granted conditional bail to former police sub-inspector Sunil Guddlar, who was caught demanding bribe from a relative of Israeli drug peddler David Driham alias Dudu.
CBI is investigating the case as a part of the three drug peddler-policemen nexus cases.Guddlar was arrested in October last year.
The court granted him bail on a surety of Rs one lakh, with the condition that he would not interfere with the witnesses and also appear before CBI.
The bail was granted after the central agency failed to file the charge sheet in the case.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had yesterday rejected CBI`s application seeking more time to file the charge sheet.
Guddlar was allegedly found hobnobbing with Dudu`s sister during a sting operation, which caught him asking for a bribe to release her brother.
Dudu is currently out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'