Suspended cop gets bail in case of nexus with drug
Panaji: A suspended Goa police officer, arrested for alleged nexus with a drug peddler, was on Thursday granted bail by a local court.
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court granted conditional bail to former police sub-inspector Sunil Guddlar, who was caught demanding bribe from a relative of Israeli drug peddler David Driham alias Dudu.
CBI is investigating the case as a part of the three drug peddler-policemen nexus cases.Guddlar was arrested in October last year.
The court granted him bail on a surety of Rs one lakh, with the condition that he would not interfere with the witnesses and also appear before CBI.
The bail was granted after the central agency failed to file the charge sheet in the case.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had yesterday rejected CBI`s application seeking more time to file the charge sheet.
Guddlar was allegedly found hobnobbing with Dudu`s sister during a sting operation, which caught him asking for a bribe to release her brother.
Dudu is currently out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in