Suspended cop gets bail in case of nexus with drug
Panaji: A suspended Goa police officer, arrested for alleged nexus with a drug peddler, was on Thursday granted bail by a local court.
Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) court granted conditional bail to former police sub-inspector Sunil Guddlar, who was caught demanding bribe from a relative of Israeli drug peddler David Driham alias Dudu.
CBI is investigating the case as a part of the three drug peddler-policemen nexus cases.Guddlar was arrested in October last year.
The court granted him bail on a surety of Rs one lakh, with the condition that he would not interfere with the witnesses and also appear before CBI.
The bail was granted after the central agency failed to file the charge sheet in the case.
The Goa bench of Bombay High Court had yesterday rejected CBI`s application seeking more time to file the charge sheet.
Guddlar was allegedly found hobnobbing with Dudu`s sister during a sting operation, which caught him asking for a bribe to release her brother.
Dudu is currently out on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?