Suspended Goa mines employee held for realtor`s murder
Panaji: A suspended mines department employee had masterminded the killing of a small time real estate dealer, who was found dead with his throat slit March 21, Goa Police claimed on Tuesday.
Robert Gonsalves, a suspended draftsman in the state government`s mines department, had conspired to murder Hassan Khan and had roped in a Karnataka-based contract killer and several others to commit the murder, police said.
"We have arrested six people, including Anil Bhoe, Rai Patil, Shivaji Patil and Arun Patil, all from Belgaum," the police spokesperson said.
Gonsalves was suspended from service following his role in the multi-billion rupees mining scam which was exposed by the Justice MB Shah Commission report.
Gonsalves was also in a real estate deal partnership with Hassan, and conspired to murder him over a dispute over a small construction project.
Hassan was found with his throat slit in his car at a desolate place in Bambolim, on the outskirts of the capital on March 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday