Swedish tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A Swedish tourist was found dead in a room at Arambol beach here this morning, police said.
Per Tobiaf Almar (34), who was in the state with his mother and girlfriend, was found dead in his friend`s room where he had gone last night.
No foul play is suspected at this juncture but the body has been sent for postmortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Serafin Dias said, adding that a case of "unnatural death" has been registered.
It was suspected that Almar might have been killed as he had an injury mark on his forehead.
"But his mother confirmed that it was an old injury due to bug bite which had gone sore," Dias added.
Alamar was playing as a disc jockey at a local shack in Arambol and had an argument with an unidentified person on the earlier night, sources said.
Dias said police did not find any link of that argument with his death, but a detailed probe would be conducted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH