Swedish tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A Swedish tourist was found dead in a room at Arambol beach here this morning, police said.
Per Tobiaf Almar (34), who was in the state with his mother and girlfriend, was found dead in his friend`s room where he had gone last night.
No foul play is suspected at this juncture but the body has been sent for postmortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Serafin Dias said, adding that a case of "unnatural death" has been registered.
It was suspected that Almar might have been killed as he had an injury mark on his forehead.
"But his mother confirmed that it was an old injury due to bug bite which had gone sore," Dias added.
Alamar was playing as a disc jockey at a local shack in Arambol and had an argument with an unidentified person on the earlier night, sources said.
Dias said police did not find any link of that argument with his death, but a detailed probe would be conducted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls