Swedish tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A Swedish tourist was found dead in a room at Arambol beach here this morning, police said.
Per Tobiaf Almar (34), who was in the state with his mother and girlfriend, was found dead in his friend`s room where he had gone last night.
No foul play is suspected at this juncture but the body has been sent for postmortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Serafin Dias said, adding that a case of "unnatural death" has been registered.
It was suspected that Almar might have been killed as he had an injury mark on his forehead.
"But his mother confirmed that it was an old injury due to bug bite which had gone sore," Dias added.
Alamar was playing as a disc jockey at a local shack in Arambol and had an argument with an unidentified person on the earlier night, sources said.
Dias said police did not find any link of that argument with his death, but a detailed probe would be conducted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?