Swedish tourist found dead in Goa
Panaji: A Swedish tourist was found dead in a room at Arambol beach here this morning, police said.
Per Tobiaf Almar (34), who was in the state with his mother and girlfriend, was found dead in his friend`s room where he had gone last night.
No foul play is suspected at this juncture but the body has been sent for postmortem, Deputy Superintendent of Police Serafin Dias said, adding that a case of "unnatural death" has been registered.
It was suspected that Almar might have been killed as he had an injury mark on his forehead.
"But his mother confirmed that it was an old injury due to bug bite which had gone sore," Dias added.
Alamar was playing as a disc jockey at a local shack in Arambol and had an argument with an unidentified person on the earlier night, sources said.
Dias said police did not find any link of that argument with his death, but a detailed probe would be conducted in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Fire in Hauz Khas Village, one found dead
- Premier League 2016-17: Sunderland struggling to match rivals financially, says David Moyes
- England won't force players to tour Bangladesh, says skipper Eoin Morgan
- Uttar Pradesh Speaker to decide on disqualification of Swamy Prasad Maurya
- Public figures must face criticism, don't misuse state machinery: SC to J Jayalalithaa