Swedish woman held for carrying live bullet
Panaji: A 36-year-old female arms instructor
of the Swedish Army was arrested from Goa airport after a live
bullet was found in her luggage, officials said here on Tuesday.
Christina Hardinz was arrested yesterday after a live
5.56 mm bullet was found in her hand bag during the security
check at the airport, they said.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence
Bureau (IB) have recorded Hardinz`s statement in this regard,
the officials said.
The local police have moved court, seeking custody of the
Meanwhile, Hardinz has claimed innocence.
"She (Hardinz) has been repeating saying that she does
not know how the cartridge got into her luggage," a senior
Hardinz had arrived in Goa on December 23 and celebrated
Christmas and New Year here.
Police are investigating with whom she was staying and
verifying her activities in Goa during the stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins