Swedish woman held for carrying live bullet
Panaji: A 36-year-old female arms instructor
of the Swedish Army was arrested from Goa airport after a live
bullet was found in her luggage, officials said here on Tuesday.
Christina Hardinz was arrested yesterday after a live
5.56 mm bullet was found in her hand bag during the security
check at the airport, they said.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence
Bureau (IB) have recorded Hardinz`s statement in this regard,
the officials said.
The local police have moved court, seeking custody of the
Meanwhile, Hardinz has claimed innocence.
"She (Hardinz) has been repeating saying that she does
not know how the cartridge got into her luggage," a senior
Hardinz had arrived in Goa on December 23 and celebrated
Christmas and New Year here.
Police are investigating with whom she was staying and
verifying her activities in Goa during the stay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?