Swedish woman held for carrying live bullet
Panaji: A 36-year-old female arms instructor
of the Swedish Army was arrested from Goa airport after a live
bullet was found in her luggage, officials said here on Tuesday.
Christina Hardinz was arrested yesterday after a live
5.56 mm bullet was found in her hand bag during the security
check at the airport, they said.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence
Bureau (IB) have recorded Hardinz`s statement in this regard,
the officials said.
The local police have moved court, seeking custody of the
Meanwhile, Hardinz has claimed innocence.
"She (Hardinz) has been repeating saying that she does
not know how the cartridge got into her luggage," a senior
Hardinz had arrived in Goa on December 23 and celebrated
Christmas and New Year here.
Police are investigating with whom she was staying and
verifying her activities in Goa during the stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Narsingh Yadav selection over Sushil Kumar for 2016 Rio Olympics was fair: WFI tells HC
- B-schools not doing enough to bridge skills gap: Survey
- BMW recalls 120,000 cars over Takata air bags
- Nine-time champion Rafael Nadal pulls out of French Open with wrist injury
- Politicians must restrain from making comments on 2nd term of Rajan: Assocham