Swedish woman held for carrying live bullet
Panaji: A 36-year-old female arms instructor
of the Swedish Army was arrested from Goa airport after a live
bullet was found in her luggage, officials said here on Tuesday.
Christina Hardinz was arrested yesterday after a live
5.56 mm bullet was found in her hand bag during the security
check at the airport, they said.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence
Bureau (IB) have recorded Hardinz`s statement in this regard,
the officials said.
The local police have moved court, seeking custody of the
Meanwhile, Hardinz has claimed innocence.
"She (Hardinz) has been repeating saying that she does
not know how the cartridge got into her luggage," a senior
Hardinz had arrived in Goa on December 23 and celebrated
Christmas and New Year here.
Police are investigating with whom she was staying and
verifying her activities in Goa during the stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...