Swedish woman held for carrying live bullet
Panaji: A 36-year-old female arms instructor
of the Swedish Army was arrested from Goa airport after a live
bullet was found in her luggage, officials said here on Tuesday.
Christina Hardinz was arrested yesterday after a live
5.56 mm bullet was found in her hand bag during the security
check at the airport, they said.
Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and Intelligence
Bureau (IB) have recorded Hardinz`s statement in this regard,
the officials said.
The local police have moved court, seeking custody of the
Meanwhile, Hardinz has claimed innocence.
"She (Hardinz) has been repeating saying that she does
not know how the cartridge got into her luggage," a senior
Hardinz had arrived in Goa on December 23 and celebrated
Christmas and New Year here.
Police are investigating with whom she was staying and
verifying her activities in Goa during the stay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'