Tarun Tejpal`s first tryst with Goa Police
Panaji: Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal had his first tryst with Goa Police a decade ago when he was stung by burglars while holidaying at a beach resort in Calangute.
Tejpal, known to vacation regularly in Goa, had complained to police in December 2003 that burglars struck one of the several hotel rooms occupied by his entourage.
Tejpal was with his wife and friends including Shoma Chaudhury, who resigned Thursday as managing editor of the news magazine.
"A case of burglary was registered at the Calangute police station. Some jewellery and cash worth Rs 60,000 were stolen," a police official said.
Tejpal, accused of sexual assault, has been summoned by the Goa Police to appear before the investigating officer by 3 pm Thursday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis