Tarun Tejpal`s first tryst with Goa Police
Panaji: Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal had his first tryst with Goa Police a decade ago when he was stung by burglars while holidaying at a beach resort in Calangute.
Tejpal, known to vacation regularly in Goa, had complained to police in December 2003 that burglars struck one of the several hotel rooms occupied by his entourage.
Tejpal was with his wife and friends including Shoma Chaudhury, who resigned Thursday as managing editor of the news magazine.
"A case of burglary was registered at the Calangute police station. Some jewellery and cash worth Rs 60,000 were stolen," a police official said.
Tejpal, accused of sexual assault, has been summoned by the Goa Police to appear before the investigating officer by 3 pm Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday