Tax relief on aviation turbine fuel once mining starts: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa government has said that the proposed tax relief on aviation turbine fuel for the airline companies can be given only after mining resumes in the state.
"The VAT on aviation turbine fuel can be reduced from existing 12 per cent to 5 per cent, if mining resumes in the state," Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said.
The state has been losing major revenue source due to closure of mining industry since the last one year, he said.
There has been a 25 per cent revenue dip due to mining halt which the state has managed to recoup through various measures, he said.
If mining starts, the value added tax (VAT) on aviation turbine fuel can be reduced to 5 per cent, promoting the airlines industry in the state.
The Parrikar-led government had in the budget assured to bring down VAT on aviation turbine fuel which would encourage airlines to frequently fly to Goa for refuelling, increasing the air connectivity of the beach state.
The mining industry in the state has been facing temporary closure as the Supreme Court is hearing a petition against illegal ore extraction activity in the state.
Meanwhile, Parrikar also said the current Dabolim airport has been able to handle only about four million passengers annually even with the additional integrated building, which would be inaugurated on December 3.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Manthan: Expert's tips to avoid stomach gas, constipation
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 declared
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced