Teacher booked for molesting student in Goa
Panaji: A teacher Monday booked for allegedly molesting a student in a school at Shiroda village near here, police said.
In her complaint, the 14-year-old girl alleged that her teacher Yogesh Khandeparkar molested her twice - once in the classroom and then on the ground during `dahi handi` breaking contest - which had traumatised her, police said.
An offence under section 354 (outraging the modesty of woman) of Indian Penal Code and section 8 of Goa Children`s Act (child abuse and sexual assault) has been registered against Khandeparkar, Ponda police inspector Jivba Dalvi said.
Initially, after being allegedly molested for the first time on August 11, the victim could not muster courage to file a police complaint.
An NGO helped her in approaching police and reporting the incident, Dalvi said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India