Teacher booked for molesting student in Goa
Panaji: A teacher Monday booked for allegedly molesting a student in a school at Shiroda village near here, police said.
In her complaint, the 14-year-old girl alleged that her teacher Yogesh Khandeparkar molested her twice - once in the classroom and then on the ground during `dahi handi` breaking contest - which had traumatised her, police said.
An offence under section 354 (outraging the modesty of woman) of Indian Penal Code and section 8 of Goa Children`s Act (child abuse and sexual assault) has been registered against Khandeparkar, Ponda police inspector Jivba Dalvi said.
Initially, after being allegedly molested for the first time on August 11, the victim could not muster courage to file a police complaint.
An NGO helped her in approaching police and reporting the incident, Dalvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional