Teacher booked for molesting student in Goa
Panaji: A teacher Monday booked for allegedly molesting a student in a school at Shiroda village near here, police said.
In her complaint, the 14-year-old girl alleged that her teacher Yogesh Khandeparkar molested her twice - once in the classroom and then on the ground during `dahi handi` breaking contest - which had traumatised her, police said.
An offence under section 354 (outraging the modesty of woman) of Indian Penal Code and section 8 of Goa Children`s Act (child abuse and sexual assault) has been registered against Khandeparkar, Ponda police inspector Jivba Dalvi said.
Initially, after being allegedly molested for the first time on August 11, the victim could not muster courage to file a police complaint.
An NGO helped her in approaching police and reporting the incident, Dalvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'