Teacher booked for molesting student in Goa
Panaji: A teacher Monday booked for allegedly molesting a student in a school at Shiroda village near here, police said.
In her complaint, the 14-year-old girl alleged that her teacher Yogesh Khandeparkar molested her twice - once in the classroom and then on the ground during `dahi handi` breaking contest - which had traumatised her, police said.
An offence under section 354 (outraging the modesty of woman) of Indian Penal Code and section 8 of Goa Children`s Act (child abuse and sexual assault) has been registered against Khandeparkar, Ponda police inspector Jivba Dalvi said.
Initially, after being allegedly molested for the first time on August 11, the victim could not muster courage to file a police complaint.
An NGO helped her in approaching police and reporting the incident, Dalvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi