Teacher booked for molesting student in Goa
Panaji: A teacher Monday booked for allegedly molesting a student in a school at Shiroda village near here, police said.
In her complaint, the 14-year-old girl alleged that her teacher Yogesh Khandeparkar molested her twice - once in the classroom and then on the ground during `dahi handi` breaking contest - which had traumatised her, police said.
An offence under section 354 (outraging the modesty of woman) of Indian Penal Code and section 8 of Goa Children`s Act (child abuse and sexual assault) has been registered against Khandeparkar, Ponda police inspector Jivba Dalvi said.
Initially, after being allegedly molested for the first time on August 11, the victim could not muster courage to file a police complaint.
An NGO helped her in approaching police and reporting the incident, Dalvi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what