Tehelka case: Complainant alleges harassment by Tejpal, his family
Panaji: The lady investigating officer in the sexual assault case against journalist Tarun Tejpal has filed a complaint that he had threatened her during the probe.
Panaji police today registered non-cognisable offence of criminal intimidation under section 506 of the Indian Penal Code against Tejpal, following the complaint by Sunita Sawant, the police officer.
Tejpal was interrogated by Sawant between November 31, 2013 till December 10, 2013 while he was in police custody, and he threatened her during the interrogation, she alleged.
Sawant had mentioned this before sessions court during the hearing on Tejpal`s bail plea, and the judge had noted it in the order dismissing his plea, a senior police officer told a news agency.
Tejpal, founder-editor of Tehelka magazine who was accused of sexual assault by a woman colleague, is currently lodged in Sada sub-jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH