Tehelka case: Goa court rejects Tarun Tejpal`s bail plea
Zee Media Bureau/Ritesh K Srivastava
Panaji: A Goa court on Wednesday rejected former Tehelka editor-in-chief Tarun Tejpal`s petition seeking a bail in connection with a sexual harassment case lodged against him by his colleague.
The allegations of sexual harassment led to Tejpal`s arrest on November 30, last year.
Tejpal has already spent a month and half behind bars, both in police as well as judicial custody.
Tejpal has been accused of allegedly raping a junior colleague in a Goa resort, during ThinkFest, a high profile conference organised by Tejpal and his team at a Goa resort.
Tejpal is currently lodged at the Sada sub jail in the port town of Vasco, 35 km from here, as prisoner number 624.
Tejpal, who was editor of Tehelka - a weekly newspaper known for path breaking investigative stories - was booked for rape on November 22, 2012, after a junior colleague accused him of allegedly raping her in an elevator of a five star resort in Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'