Tehelka case: Tarun Tejpal likely to appear before Goa police
Panaji: Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal is likely to appear before the Goa police before the 3 PM deadline set by them for his appearance in connection with the sexual assault case against him.
Crime branch sources said that he has intimated the police that he will be appearing before them today. Tejpal is said to have left for Panaji by a morning flight via Mumbai.
Tejpal, who failed to get any immediate relief on his anticipatory bail petition in the Delhi High Court, was yesterday summoned by the Goa police to appear before it.
The police move had yesterday come after the victim, a woman journalist of Tehelka, who was allegedly sexually assaulted in a lift in a five-star hotel in Goa earlier this month, arrived here and recorded her statement under Section 164 of CrPC before a local court.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had yesterday dismissed Tejpal`s accusations that the BJP government in the state was pursuing vendetta against him because of the sting operation conducted by his organisation that unseated the party president Bangaru Laxman and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part IV
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part V
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- US Presidential Elections: Why Barack Obama warned Democrats to 'stay worried' about Donald Trump
- Shot putter Inderjeet Singh passes second dope test; NADA awaits July 10 and 11 results
- US Presidential Elections: I've nothing to do with Russia, says Donald Trump as Democrats accuse Moscow of helping him
- M&M incorporates Mahindra Airways as wholly-owned subsidiary
- Airtel proposes Rs 30 crore annual package to Sunil Mittal