Tehelka case: Tarun Tejpal likely to appear before Goa police
Panaji: Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal is likely to appear before the Goa police before the 3 PM deadline set by them for his appearance in connection with the sexual assault case against him.
Crime branch sources said that he has intimated the police that he will be appearing before them today. Tejpal is said to have left for Panaji by a morning flight via Mumbai.
Tejpal, who failed to get any immediate relief on his anticipatory bail petition in the Delhi High Court, was yesterday summoned by the Goa police to appear before it.
The police move had yesterday come after the victim, a woman journalist of Tehelka, who was allegedly sexually assaulted in a lift in a five-star hotel in Goa earlier this month, arrived here and recorded her statement under Section 164 of CrPC before a local court.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had yesterday dismissed Tejpal`s accusations that the BJP government in the state was pursuing vendetta against him because of the sting operation conducted by his organisation that unseated the party president Bangaru Laxman and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Actor-politician Ramya says 'Pakistan not hell', faces sedition charge
- After NEET, govt works on National Authority for Testing for engineering admissions
- SHOCKING! Hyderabad woman arrested for carrying 2 Kg gold in her underwear at Delhi airport
- Thailand military court opens trial in Bangkok shrine blast
- How to overcome your jetlag?