Tehelka case: Tarun Tejpal likely to appear before Goa police
Panaji: Tehelka editor Tarun Tejpal is likely to appear before the Goa police before the 3 PM deadline set by them for his appearance in connection with the sexual assault case against him.
Crime branch sources said that he has intimated the police that he will be appearing before them today. Tejpal is said to have left for Panaji by a morning flight via Mumbai.
Tejpal, who failed to get any immediate relief on his anticipatory bail petition in the Delhi High Court, was yesterday summoned by the Goa police to appear before it.
The police move had yesterday come after the victim, a woman journalist of Tehelka, who was allegedly sexually assaulted in a lift in a five-star hotel in Goa earlier this month, arrived here and recorded her statement under Section 164 of CrPC before a local court.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar had yesterday dismissed Tejpal`s accusations that the BJP government in the state was pursuing vendetta against him because of the sting operation conducted by his organisation that unseated the party president Bangaru Laxman and other issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says