Terrorists planning `spectacular violence` in Goa: Naik
Panaji: Goa government has intelligence
inputs about Pakistan-based terrorists` design to indulge in
`spectacular violence` in the state, Home Minister Ravi Naik
Naik, responding to the discussion on a matter of urgent
public importance on the floor of the state assembly, said
"available intelligence inputs indicate that a strong desire
is entertained by various Pakistan-based terrorist groups to
indulge in spectacular violence in Goa."
The Home Minister said Goa is emerging as an important
target for terrorists because of the presence of foreign
tourists from countries like USA, UK and Israel and any attack
impacting their safety would immediately attract international
"Notwithstanding such a serious threat, Goa has escaped
any terrorist strike by Pak-based group only because of
untiring efforts of Goa police," Naik added.
The Home Minister supported the police force claiming
that despite constraints of resources, Goa police has been
doing an excellent work in collecting relevant intelligence.
"In order to boost the capacity of the special branch to
deal with terrorists` threat, a proposal has been submitted to
the government by the police for formation of an anti
terrorist cell," Naik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what