They were not doing it, BJP leader on porngate
Panaji: Goa BJP on Thursday said that
ministers-watching-porn scandal in the neighbouring Karnataka
will not affect its prospects in March 3 Assembly polls here.
"These are small things. We are not fighting the election
in Karnataka," BJP leader and former Chief Minister Manohar
Parrikar said here.
"There are people all across the country who do worse
things. Congress leaders have chopped women and burnt them in
a tandoor...Then there was the Bhanwari Devi case (from
Rajasthan). They (the three BJP ministers in Karnataka who
resigned yesterday) were only watching and not doing it," he
He also said the action taken by BJP against the
ministers, who were asked to resign, should be applauded. "I
congratulate the party leaders for acting quickly and swiftly
without any delay in the matter."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Counting underway - Big prestige battle for BJP and Shiv Sena
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Election Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena ahead in Mumbai, BJP gains lead in Pune; NCP wins 4 seats in Ulhasnagar