`Those responsible for Scarlett`s death walking free in Goa`
Panaji: Fiona Mackeown, mother of British teenager Scarlet Eden Keeling, Thursday said that those responsible for her daughter`s death are still walking free in Goa.
"They (accused) are still out and are walking free. Those who are supposed to be in jail are still walking about freely," Fiona told reporters in Goa.
"Police officer who lied to me has been reinstated in service and more than two and a half years later I have not been able to bury my daughter as yet. Justice so far has
eluded me," the mother said.
Scarlett`s bruised corpse was found at Anjuna shore on February 18, 2008 after which two locals were arrested.
Fiona had alleged police sub inspector Nerlon Albuquerque`s involvement in botching up the case.
Albuquerque was initially suspended and later einstated by state Home Department awarding him penalty.
In her deposition before the court, Fiona is expected to throw light on the police cover up after her daughter was found dead.
"I will assist the court with all the information available to me. I will highlight the cover up. Two and half years later I find it disturbing that they are still trying to
cover up. The relevant authorities who are entrusted with the protection of life have assisted the criminals trying to cover up," she alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere