Three policemen suspended for abusing sex workers
Panaji: Three Goa policemen were suspended for allegedly exploiting commercial sex workers here, police said on Friday.
Two head constables - Vaman Naik and Santosh Vengurlekar - and constable Vijay Gaikwad were suspended yesterday after two middle-aged commercial sex workers named them in their complaint to the crime branch, police said.
The policemen were under scanner after two commercial sex workers had claimed about a fortnight back that they were sexually abused by them in return of protection to their business.
The women alleged that they had been exploited for several months by the policemen.
The complaint was finally lodged when the women were rescued by Calangute police during a raid recently, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders
- Companies raise Rs 26,000 cr via bond issues on NSE e-book platform