Three policemen suspended for abusing sex workers
Panaji: Three Goa policemen were suspended for allegedly exploiting commercial sex workers here, police said on Friday.
Two head constables - Vaman Naik and Santosh Vengurlekar - and constable Vijay Gaikwad were suspended yesterday after two middle-aged commercial sex workers named them in their complaint to the crime branch, police said.
The policemen were under scanner after two commercial sex workers had claimed about a fortnight back that they were sexually abused by them in return of protection to their business.
The women alleged that they had been exploited for several months by the policemen.
The complaint was finally lodged when the women were rescued by Calangute police during a raid recently, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months