Three policemen suspended for abusing sex workers
Panaji: Three Goa policemen were suspended for allegedly exploiting commercial sex workers here, police said on Friday.
Two head constables - Vaman Naik and Santosh Vengurlekar - and constable Vijay Gaikwad were suspended yesterday after two middle-aged commercial sex workers named them in their complaint to the crime branch, police said.
The policemen were under scanner after two commercial sex workers had claimed about a fortnight back that they were sexually abused by them in return of protection to their business.
The women alleged that they had been exploited for several months by the policemen.
The complaint was finally lodged when the women were rescued by Calangute police during a raid recently, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand