Three policemen suspended for abusing sex workers
Panaji: Three Goa policemen were suspended for allegedly exploiting commercial sex workers here, police said on Friday.
Two head constables - Vaman Naik and Santosh Vengurlekar - and constable Vijay Gaikwad were suspended yesterday after two middle-aged commercial sex workers named them in their complaint to the crime branch, police said.
The policemen were under scanner after two commercial sex workers had claimed about a fortnight back that they were sexually abused by them in return of protection to their business.
The women alleged that they had been exploited for several months by the policemen.
The complaint was finally lodged when the women were rescued by Calangute police during a raid recently, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what