Tourists injured as ceiling of 5-star hotel falls
Panaji: Two US nationals and an Indian tourist were injured when the false ceiling of a five-star hotel came crashing down on them in South Goa, police said on Friday.
Work on the ceiling, made of plaster of Paris, was going on in the main lobby of the hotel yesterday when it fell over some tourists, Deputy Superintendent of Police Mohan Naik said.
A case has been registered against the project manager and project supervisor of the hotel for endangering life and personal safety, Naik said.
The injured included two Americans of Indian origin -Nabi Subbarao and Laila Usha P Nabi, and KD Agarwal from Nashik.
All the three were admitted to a private hospital in Cuncolim village and discharged after treatment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka