Trawler capsizes off Vasco coast, two fishermen missing
Panaji: Two fishermen were feared dead after their trawler capsized off Vasco coast near here, police said Friday.
However, four fishermen were rescued from the boat, they said.
The fishermen had ventured into the waters last night after the state government lifted the one-month long ban on fishing, which is observed every year during the breeding period of fish.
"The Indian Coast Guard received information about the trawler in distress last night. They managed to bring to safety four fishermen while two are missing and feared dead," a police official attached to Vasco Police Station said.
The mishap occurred a few kilometres away from the coast, police said, adding that search for the two fishermen was on.
The MeT observatory here has issued warning to fishermen against venturing into the sea as the weather is rough off the coast.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- India sends Letter Rogatories to six countries, requests them to seize Dawood Ibrahim's properties