Trawler capsizes off Vasco coast, two fishermen missing
Panaji: Two fishermen were feared dead after their trawler capsized off Vasco coast near here, police said Friday.
However, four fishermen were rescued from the boat, they said.
The fishermen had ventured into the waters last night after the state government lifted the one-month long ban on fishing, which is observed every year during the breeding period of fish.
"The Indian Coast Guard received information about the trawler in distress last night. They managed to bring to safety four fishermen while two are missing and feared dead," a police official attached to Vasco Police Station said.
The mishap occurred a few kilometres away from the coast, police said, adding that search for the two fishermen was on.
The MeT observatory here has issued warning to fishermen against venturing into the sea as the weather is rough off the coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores