Trawler capsizes off Vasco coast, two fishermen missing
Panaji: Two fishermen were feared dead after their trawler capsized off Vasco coast near here, police said Friday.
However, four fishermen were rescued from the boat, they said.
The fishermen had ventured into the waters last night after the state government lifted the one-month long ban on fishing, which is observed every year during the breeding period of fish.
"The Indian Coast Guard received information about the trawler in distress last night. They managed to bring to safety four fishermen while two are missing and feared dead," a police official attached to Vasco Police Station said.
The mishap occurred a few kilometres away from the coast, police said, adding that search for the two fishermen was on.
The MeT observatory here has issued warning to fishermen against venturing into the sea as the weather is rough off the coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister