Trawler capsizes off Vasco coast, two fishermen missing
Panaji: Two fishermen were feared dead after their trawler capsized off Vasco coast near here, police said Friday.
However, four fishermen were rescued from the boat, they said.
The fishermen had ventured into the waters last night after the state government lifted the one-month long ban on fishing, which is observed every year during the breeding period of fish.
"The Indian Coast Guard received information about the trawler in distress last night. They managed to bring to safety four fishermen while two are missing and feared dead," a police official attached to Vasco Police Station said.
The mishap occurred a few kilometres away from the coast, police said, adding that search for the two fishermen was on.
The MeT observatory here has issued warning to fishermen against venturing into the sea as the weather is rough off the coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?