Trawler capsizes off Vasco coast, two fishermen missing
Panaji: Two fishermen were feared dead after their trawler capsized off Vasco coast near here, police said Friday.
However, four fishermen were rescued from the boat, they said.
The fishermen had ventured into the waters last night after the state government lifted the one-month long ban on fishing, which is observed every year during the breeding period of fish.
"The Indian Coast Guard received information about the trawler in distress last night. They managed to bring to safety four fishermen while two are missing and feared dead," a police official attached to Vasco Police Station said.
The mishap occurred a few kilometres away from the coast, police said, adding that search for the two fishermen was on.
The MeT observatory here has issued warning to fishermen against venturing into the sea as the weather is rough off the coast.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?