Trial begins in photo journalist hit-and-run case
Panaji: The hit-and-run case of photo
journalist Sushant Naik came up for trial in the
magistrate court here on Wednesday.
Naik, a press photographer with local Marathi daily "Goa
Dhoot", was killed in an accident on December 3, 2007 when the
accused Vikas Naik alias Vicky allegedly hit the photographer
and ran from the spot.
Vicky was nabbed 14 days after the accident.
The trial began from today in the presence of Judicial
Magistrate (First Class) Sharmila Patil, Assistant Anuradha
Talaulikar while Amit Palekar stood as a defence lawyer.
Directorate of transport has already suspended the
accused`s driving license for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts
- Mehbooba Mufti hints no separate colonies for Kashmiri Pandits in J&K
- Bihar board Intermediate Result 2016 declared: Check BSEB 12th Result result at www.biharboard.ac.in, www.biharboard.bih.nic.in
- Chidambaram wonders if Modi govt 'deserves' RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan
- Iran`s supreme leader Khamenei warns of Western 'schemes' as new MPs meet