Trial begins in photo journalist hit-and-run case
Panaji: The hit-and-run case of photo
journalist Sushant Naik came up for trial in the
magistrate court here on Wednesday.
Naik, a press photographer with local Marathi daily "Goa
Dhoot", was killed in an accident on December 3, 2007 when the
accused Vikas Naik alias Vicky allegedly hit the photographer
and ran from the spot.
Vicky was nabbed 14 days after the accident.
The trial began from today in the presence of Judicial
Magistrate (First Class) Sharmila Patil, Assistant Anuradha
Talaulikar while Amit Palekar stood as a defence lawyer.
Directorate of transport has already suspended the
accused`s driving license for five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning