Trust headed by Goa minister gets rights panel not
Panaji: A trust headed by a Goa cabinet minister has been issued a notice by the state Human Right`s Commission for funding a poetry book, in which a poem has been called derogatory to Goa`s tribal community.
The notice issued Friday directs office bearers of the Madhavrao Dhavalikar Trust and the publisher of the book, `Kerichya Devrambha`, and the book`s anthologist to explain why the poem was published.
The notices have been issued after United Tribal Association Alliance (UTAA) president Prakash Velip complained that the poem `Gawandi` was defamatory and derogatory for Goa`s tribals.
Goa Public Works Department Minister Sudin Dhavalikar heads the trust.
The respondents have been asked to respond to the notice by June 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa