Trust headed by Goa minister gets rights panel not
Panaji: A trust headed by a Goa cabinet minister has been issued a notice by the state Human Right`s Commission for funding a poetry book, in which a poem has been called derogatory to Goa`s tribal community.
The notice issued Friday directs office bearers of the Madhavrao Dhavalikar Trust and the publisher of the book, `Kerichya Devrambha`, and the book`s anthologist to explain why the poem was published.
The notices have been issued after United Tribal Association Alliance (UTAA) president Prakash Velip complained that the poem `Gawandi` was defamatory and derogatory for Goa`s tribals.
Goa Public Works Department Minister Sudin Dhavalikar heads the trust.
The respondents have been asked to respond to the notice by June 27.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'