Two foreigners molested at Goa beach
Panaji: Three women, including two foreigners, were allegedly molested by unidentified persons at Candolim beach in Goa.
According to police, the victims did not file a complaint in this regard as they were not keen to follow up the case. A complaint was lodged by lifeguards who were present on the beach at the time of incident.
In their statement to the police, the lifeguards said the three women came to the beach with their male friend on June 10. They were advised by the lifeguards not to enter the water as it was getting dark and the beach was secluded.
After a while, the lifeguards heard cries for help and they immediately rushed to the spot, where they found the three girls, two foreigners and one Indian, scared and crying.
Calangute Police Inspector Manjunath Desai said since the victims were not available for the investigation, the suspects could not be rounded up as police have no clue about the appearance of the accused.
Desai said the victims even refused to go ahead with the medical examination and claimed that they were not interested in following up the case.
All the three women have reportedly left for Delhi, from where they had come to Goa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?
- India sends Letter Rogatories to six countries, requests them to seize Dawood Ibrahim's properties