Two Goa constables suspended for extortion
Panaji: Two Goa Crime Branch constables were suspended for allegedly extorting money in the name of their seniors from massage parlours and spas, police said Thursday.
Constables Siddhesh Sawant and Prashant Parab were suspended yesterday after they were found to be extorting money from the massage parlours and spas, a police spokesman said here.
Both the constables were exposed during raid by the Crime Branch recently while rescuing some girls from the parlours and spas which were allegedly doubling up as prostitution dens, he said.
"The owners of these parlours questioned us how can we raid them when they have been paying haftas," said the spokesman.
The constables were extorting money by pretending to be agents of SP (Crime) Kartik Kashyap, he said.
Kashyap initiated an inquiry after he was informed about the extortion racket.
"Preliminary inquiry found these constables to be guilty and hence they were suspended immediately," the spokesman added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical