Two Goa cops suspended for misbehaving with girls
Panaji: Two police constables have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with two local girls on Sunday night at Dona Paula jetty, a famous tourist spot here.
The duo - Gaurish Matonkar and Gajanan Chari - attached to the police control van were suspended after the girls filed a formal police complaint against them.
They alleged that the constables misbehaved with them, when they were returning from a friend`s birthday party on September 2.
One of the girls is working as a public relation officer with a five star hotel.
The complaint mentions that the constables asked them `personal` questions and even insisted to know their mobile numbers, after taking away their licences.
The girls said that the constables even threaten them to take to the police station in midnight.
The harassment, according to the complaint, continued for almost 25 minutes during which the constables acted `flirty` and also against the law.
Superintendent of Police (North) Vijay Singh said that after the complaint, the constables were placed under suspension immediately, pending inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened