Two Goa cops suspended for misbehaving with girls
Panaji: Two police constables have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with two local girls on Sunday night at Dona Paula jetty, a famous tourist spot here.
The duo - Gaurish Matonkar and Gajanan Chari - attached to the police control van were suspended after the girls filed a formal police complaint against them.
They alleged that the constables misbehaved with them, when they were returning from a friend`s birthday party on September 2.
One of the girls is working as a public relation officer with a five star hotel.
The complaint mentions that the constables asked them `personal` questions and even insisted to know their mobile numbers, after taking away their licences.
The girls said that the constables even threaten them to take to the police station in midnight.
The harassment, according to the complaint, continued for almost 25 minutes during which the constables acted `flirty` and also against the law.
Superintendent of Police (North) Vijay Singh said that after the complaint, the constables were placed under suspension immediately, pending inquiry.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living