Two Goa cops suspended for misbehaving with girls
Panaji: Two police constables have been suspended for allegedly misbehaving with two local girls on Sunday night at Dona Paula jetty, a famous tourist spot here.
The duo - Gaurish Matonkar and Gajanan Chari - attached to the police control van were suspended after the girls filed a formal police complaint against them.
They alleged that the constables misbehaved with them, when they were returning from a friend`s birthday party on September 2.
One of the girls is working as a public relation officer with a five star hotel.
The complaint mentions that the constables asked them `personal` questions and even insisted to know their mobile numbers, after taking away their licences.
The girls said that the constables even threaten them to take to the police station in midnight.
The harassment, according to the complaint, continued for almost 25 minutes during which the constables acted `flirty` and also against the law.
Superintendent of Police (North) Vijay Singh said that after the complaint, the constables were placed under suspension immediately, pending inquiry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Indian Army prepares to secure Arunachal Pradesh from China
- Javed Miandad asks Misbah-ul-Haq to call off retirement plans to ensure Pakistan's future success
- Salman Khan's sister Arpita's house robbed; cash, goods worth Rs 3.25 lakh stolen
- Severe obesity alone can increase heart failure risk
- Fertilizer factory tank leaks, 35 ill in Bangladesh
- Pace of new bad loan formation has decelerated: RBI