Two held for killing couple and attempt to murder their kids in Goa
Panaji: Two men were arrested on Tuesday for allegedly killing a couple and also attempting to murder their minor children at two different locations near Panaji and in Anmod Ghat on Goa-Karnataka border.
Ramesh Bhagwe and Osban Fernandes, both middle aged, were arrested by the Collem police for murdering Shivaji Nayak (40) and his wife Sujata (35), as well as trying to kill their minor son (8) and daughter (5).
The incident came to light this morning when passersby noticed a five-year-old naked girl at Anmod Ghat, who brought to notice the crime.
Police officials said that on Sunday, Bhagwe and Fernandes killed Shivaji at Merces village near here, in front of his wife, over a petty quarrel.
They buried his body in the village.
After killing Shivaji, both the accused tracked down his wife at Collem, to where she had fled, fearing an attack on her, along with her two minor children.
The accused kidnapped his wife along with her children and strangulated her to death in the car, before throwing her into the valley at Anmod Ghat.
The accused also removed her clothing in a bid to ensure that her body is not identified.
Investigation has brought out that two kilometres away, the accused strangulated her eight-year-old old boy and threw him into the valley after removing his clothes, assuming that he is dead.
After travelling another two kilometres, the accused removed the clothes of five-year-old girl, strangulated her and threw her into the valley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon