Two youngsters drown at Baga beach
Panaji: Two tourists from Pune drowned at the crowded Baga beach in Goa as the coastal state is witnessing growing footfalls to celebrate the extended weekend.
The mishap occurred on August 15 when the youths, who were part of a group of picnickers, ventured into the choppy sea and were subsequently pulled in, a Lifeguard spokesman said.
The deceased were identified as Jagjeet Singh (24) and Keshav Soni (27), while their friend Chitra Dubey was pulled out to safety by lifeguards positioned at the beach.
A large number of tourists are visiting the beach capital of the country to celebrate the extended weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter