Two youngsters drown at Baga beach
Panaji: Two tourists from Pune drowned at the crowded Baga beach in Goa as the coastal state is witnessing growing footfalls to celebrate the extended weekend.
The mishap occurred on August 15 when the youths, who were part of a group of picnickers, ventured into the choppy sea and were subsequently pulled in, a Lifeguard spokesman said.
The deceased were identified as Jagjeet Singh (24) and Keshav Soni (27), while their friend Chitra Dubey was pulled out to safety by lifeguards positioned at the beach.
A large number of tourists are visiting the beach capital of the country to celebrate the extended weekend.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan