Two youngsters drown at Baga beach
Panaji: Two tourists from Pune drowned at the crowded Baga beach in Goa as the coastal state is witnessing growing footfalls to celebrate the extended weekend.
The mishap occurred on August 15 when the youths, who were part of a group of picnickers, ventured into the choppy sea and were subsequently pulled in, a Lifeguard spokesman said.
The deceased were identified as Jagjeet Singh (24) and Keshav Soni (27), while their friend Chitra Dubey was pulled out to safety by lifeguards positioned at the beach.
A large number of tourists are visiting the beach capital of the country to celebrate the extended weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre