V Rane warns BJP leaders of defamation case
Panaji: Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane
today warned Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar and his
fellow BJP leader Kirit Somaiya that he would be filing case
against them for "defaming him in the illegal mining scam".
Rane, an MLA from Valpoi, said that both the leaders
had made "baseless" statements against him in the media.
"If they have proof of my connection with the illegal
mining, let them come out with it," the minister said, at a
press conference here.
Parrikar, who headed Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on
illegal mining, allegedly made a statement regarding Rane`s
alleged involvement in a TV interview. Somaiya, at a press
conference last week, had named Rane and few other ministers,
while pegging the illegal mining in Goa at Rs 25,000 crore.
Rane said he stands by legal mining in Goa as several
thousand people were dependent on it. "I do not support
illegal mining activity," he said, claiming that he had been
communicating with the Centre, seeking to stop illegal
extraction of iron ore.
Justice M B Shah Commission`s report should be awaited
before pointing fingers, Rane said. The commission had been
probing the illegal mining.
Goa exported 54 million metric tonnes of ore during last
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday