V Rane warns BJP leaders of defamation case
Panaji: Goa Health Minister Vishwajit Rane
today warned Leader of Opposition Manohar Parrikar and his
fellow BJP leader Kirit Somaiya that he would be filing case
against them for "defaming him in the illegal mining scam".
Rane, an MLA from Valpoi, said that both the leaders
had made "baseless" statements against him in the media.
"If they have proof of my connection with the illegal
mining, let them come out with it," the minister said, at a
press conference here.
Parrikar, who headed Public Accounts Committee (PAC) on
illegal mining, allegedly made a statement regarding Rane`s
alleged involvement in a TV interview. Somaiya, at a press
conference last week, had named Rane and few other ministers,
while pegging the illegal mining in Goa at Rs 25,000 crore.
Rane said he stands by legal mining in Goa as several
thousand people were dependent on it. "I do not support
illegal mining activity," he said, claiming that he had been
communicating with the Centre, seeking to stop illegal
extraction of iron ore.
Justice M B Shah Commission`s report should be awaited
before pointing fingers, Rane said. The commission had been
probing the illegal mining.
Goa exported 54 million metric tonnes of ore during last
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed