Verdict on Goa serial killer on October 1
Panaji: The local court will give its
final verdict on the charges of rape levied against serial
killer Mahanand Naik on October 1.
The district court in Panaji has heard the arguments
in the rape case, which first brought Mahanand in the eyes of
Ponda police way back in 2009.
Subsequent investigations had revealed that
40-year-old Mahanand was involved in series of killings.
Mahanand was accused of blackmailing and raping his
wife`s friend, a college going girl, for over three years in
the town of Shiroda, 40 kms away from Panaji.
The complaint was filed with Ponda police in the last
week of April 2009.
During the custodial interrogation, Mahanand had
confessed of killing around 18 gullible women by luring them
According to the police, the killer used to go on a
date with them to secluded place and kill them with their
The alleged killer has been acquitted by the court in
three out of 18 murder cases in which the Judge ruled that
there was no evidence against the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon