Verdict on Goa serial killer on October 1
Panaji: The local court will give its
final verdict on the charges of rape levied against serial
killer Mahanand Naik on October 1.
The district court in Panaji has heard the arguments
in the rape case, which first brought Mahanand in the eyes of
Ponda police way back in 2009.
Subsequent investigations had revealed that
40-year-old Mahanand was involved in series of killings.
Mahanand was accused of blackmailing and raping his
wife`s friend, a college going girl, for over three years in
the town of Shiroda, 40 kms away from Panaji.
The complaint was filed with Ponda police in the last
week of April 2009.
During the custodial interrogation, Mahanand had
confessed of killing around 18 gullible women by luring them
According to the police, the killer used to go on a
date with them to secluded place and kill them with their
The alleged killer has been acquitted by the court in
three out of 18 murder cases in which the Judge ruled that
there was no evidence against the accused.
- Dear ladies, Women's Online Shopping Festival is here to pamper you
- Twitter explodes with reactions over Kanhaiya Kumar touching Lalu's feet - Viral picture inside
- Gold price at 15-month high, rises further to Rs 30,330 per 10 grams
- Know who is vulnerable to online dating scams
- VIDEO: Maiden over & 5 wickets! Watch Mohammad Amir's sensational last over vs Australia!