VHP meet in Goa to discuss `saffron terror`
Panaji: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad will discuss the issue of "saffron terrorism" at its international conference in Goa Jan 4-9, a top functionary said Friday.
VHP vice president Ashok Chowgule told reporters here that along with saffron terror, the meeting will also focus on Jammu and Kashmir and the construction of the Ramjanmabhoomi temple at Ayodhya.
"The branding of Hindu organizations as those dealing in saffron terrorism will be thoroughly discussed. This is a conspiracy by vested interests to defame Hindu organizations and divide the country," Chowgule said.
The conference will be attended by VHP president Ashok Singhal, working president Shreenivas Vedamanti and general secrtaries Pravin Togadia and Swami Vigyanand. It will be held at a temple complex in Ramnathi, 35 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Live: Supporters pay last respects to Jayalalithaa at Rajaji Hall; cremation today evening
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest