VHP meet in Goa to discuss `saffron terror`
Panaji: The Vishwa Hindu Parishad will discuss the issue of "saffron terrorism" at its international conference in Goa Jan 4-9, a top functionary said Friday.
VHP vice president Ashok Chowgule told reporters here that along with saffron terror, the meeting will also focus on Jammu and Kashmir and the construction of the Ramjanmabhoomi temple at Ayodhya.
"The branding of Hindu organizations as those dealing in saffron terrorism will be thoroughly discussed. This is a conspiracy by vested interests to defame Hindu organizations and divide the country," Chowgule said.
The conference will be attended by VHP president Ashok Singhal, working president Shreenivas Vedamanti and general secrtaries Pravin Togadia and Swami Vigyanand. It will be held at a temple complex in Ramnathi, 35 km from here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users