VHP refuses to comment on BJP`s Goa conclave
Bhopal: Even as BJP veteran LK Advani skipped the party`s National Executive meet in Goa triggering speculations that he opposed projection of Narendra Modi as head of the party`s campaign committee for next Lok Sabha elections, the Vishva Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Sunday refrained from commenting on the saffron party`s ongoing conclave.
"Officially, the VHP does not have any stand/ opinion and comment regarding BJP`s ongoing National Executive in Goa," VHP`s international general secretary Dr Pravin Togadia told a press conference here.
"We strongly believe that individual does not matter to the VHP. For us party, nation and ideology is always bigger than any individual," Togadia said when pressed on the issue of Modi.
The VHP will only back those who committed themselves to pass a legislation in Parliament on the issue of construction of Ram Temple at Ayodhya, those who pass a law to abrogate Article 370 and frame a law to make a Common Civil Code in the country, Togadia said.
"Anybody who makes a public announcement on these issues will get the support of the VHP," he said.
He also said that the VHP will not express any opinion publicly on the issue of BJP.
He also criticised the Akhilesh Yadav-led Uttar Pradesh government for recently ordering withdrawal cases against persons accused of indulging in terror activities.
Togadia said that after filing of an FIR, only court is empowered to quash it and government has no power to do so in any matter.
The VHP leader also informed that his organisation is conducting courses for providing self-defence training to girls and women in view of the growing incidents of crime against them and added that it will also be held in Bhopal from tomorrow.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living