Vote for BJP to strengthen Goa govt: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said voting for BJP during the upcoming general elections would mean strengthening the hands of the party-led state government.
"Two MPs from Goa won`t make much difference in forming the government at the Centre. But, for the state surely it would make a huge difference," Parrikar told reporters after BJP`s North Goa candidate Sripad Naik filed nomination here.
"Goa should vote for BJP candidates to strengthen and help the state government," he said in presence of Naik.
He expressed confidence that Naik, who was a minister in the earlier Atal Bihari Vajpayee cabinet, will also be part of Narendra Modi cabinet once the NDA-led union government is formed.
"It is natural that Naik would be inducted in the Union Cabinet," he stated.
On the occasion, Naik said the international airport at Mopa and financial package for people affected with ban on the mining activity would be major highlights of the party`s election manifesto.
The party would also pursue (with the Centre) the issue of special status for Goa and immediate restarting of the legal mining activity in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi