Vote for BJP to strengthen Goa govt: Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Monday said voting for BJP during the upcoming general elections would mean strengthening the hands of the party-led state government.
"Two MPs from Goa won`t make much difference in forming the government at the Centre. But, for the state surely it would make a huge difference," Parrikar told reporters after BJP`s North Goa candidate Sripad Naik filed nomination here.
"Goa should vote for BJP candidates to strengthen and help the state government," he said in presence of Naik.
He expressed confidence that Naik, who was a minister in the earlier Atal Bihari Vajpayee cabinet, will also be part of Narendra Modi cabinet once the NDA-led union government is formed.
"It is natural that Naik would be inducted in the Union Cabinet," he stated.
On the occasion, Naik said the international airport at Mopa and financial package for people affected with ban on the mining activity would be major highlights of the party`s election manifesto.
The party would also pursue (with the Centre) the issue of special status for Goa and immediate restarting of the legal mining activity in the state, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Football Transfer: Barcelona's Dani Alves undergoes Juventus medical
- Sterling hits 31-year low, gilt yield below 1% for first time ever
- Google Chief Executive Officer Sundar Pichai's Quora account hacked
- Who are potential successors to RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan?
- Messi Vs Ronaldo: Should Cristiano Ronaldo too quit if Portugal fail to win Euro 2016?