Wanted drug dealer Atala hiding in Israel: Website
Panaji: Israeli drug dealer Yaniv Benaim, who was missing after being out on bail in the drug peddler-police nexus case here, has been sighted in Israel, an Israeli website has claimed.
As per the report in Israeli website www.Ynet.com, Atala was in Rishon in Israel and has told the reporter that he managed to cross Indian boundaries and return back home at
Rishon-Letzion, a fourth biggest town in Israel.
The drug dealer, an important link in the nexus case, was out on the bail since June this year. He went missing since first week of July. The story headlined as "Goa drug king hides in Rishon - Letzion" has claimed that the 36-year-old drug dealer is back in his town "after escaping from house arrest by the Indian authorities."
The piece of news claims that when Indian authorities were claiming that Atala was missing, the accused was on his way to Israel. "Indian authorities reported in the last few weeks that Yaniv Ben Naaim is missing, but now it seems that the Israeli drug dealer, is in his country and is hiding in Rishon Letzion," the report reads.
Atala, arrested six months ago in Goa for suspected drug trafficking, ran away three weeks ago from house arrest which he was sentenced by the court in India and since then his trails were lost, the Ynet.com says. The Israeli staying in Goa was caught on hidden camera by his former girlfriend Lucky Farmhouse while bragging about his links with the policemen.
He had claimed that the policemen were selling him drugs, which were seized in various raids, to push them back into the market. Atala was arrested in March after the video was uploaded on youtube.com.
Seven policemen, including Anti Narcotics Cell chief Ashish Shirodkar, were also arrested after Atala`s confessions were aired by a local news channel in February this year.
Goa police spokesman Atmaram Deshpande reacting to the development said that he is not in a position to comment. Other senior police officers also refused to speak on the
Police had issued red corner notice against Atala few weeks after his absence was noticed from the state. Police had claimed that it would be difficult for Atala to cross the country borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's
- Indonesia's Mount Sinabung continues eruption
- Congress, BJP quote Mirza Ghalib to spar over Modi govt's two years in power
- Renault forays into pre-owned car biz in India
- When Luna the husky demanded belly rubs during car ride – Watch the adorable moment!