We did a better job than NIA, says Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday said that its special investigation Team (SIT) did a better job than the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Margao bomb blast case.
"SIT had done a commendable job cracking Margao bomb blast case....They did better job than NIA," said Goa police spokesperson Atmaram Deshpande today.
"The NIA could not correct or change a single thing about the initial investigation conducted by Goa police," he said.
NIA had probed Margao bomb blast which occurred on October 16, 2009. The blast was allegedly triggered by members of right-wing Hindu organisation, Sanatan Sanstha.
Eleven people have been named in the chargesheet, six of which have been arrested. Trial is currently underway.
Deshpande said that the same SIT is currently investigating the policemen-drug lords nexus case.
The nexus came to light following a sting operation which showed police sub-inspector Sunil Guddler of Anti Narcotic Cell selling drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice