We did a better job than NIA, says Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday said that its special investigation Team (SIT) did a better job than the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Margao bomb blast case.
"SIT had done a commendable job cracking Margao bomb blast case....They did better job than NIA," said Goa police spokesperson Atmaram Deshpande today.
"The NIA could not correct or change a single thing about the initial investigation conducted by Goa police," he said.
NIA had probed Margao bomb blast which occurred on October 16, 2009. The blast was allegedly triggered by members of right-wing Hindu organisation, Sanatan Sanstha.
Eleven people have been named in the chargesheet, six of which have been arrested. Trial is currently underway.
Deshpande said that the same SIT is currently investigating the policemen-drug lords nexus case.
The nexus came to light following a sting operation which showed police sub-inspector Sunil Guddler of Anti Narcotic Cell selling drugs.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader