We did a better job than NIA, says Goa police
Panaji: Goa Police on Wednesday said that its special investigation Team (SIT) did a better job than the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Margao bomb blast case.
"SIT had done a commendable job cracking Margao bomb blast case....They did better job than NIA," said Goa police spokesperson Atmaram Deshpande today.
"The NIA could not correct or change a single thing about the initial investigation conducted by Goa police," he said.
NIA had probed Margao bomb blast which occurred on October 16, 2009. The blast was allegedly triggered by members of right-wing Hindu organisation, Sanatan Sanstha.
Eleven people have been named in the chargesheet, six of which have been arrested. Trial is currently underway.
Deshpande said that the same SIT is currently investigating the policemen-drug lords nexus case.
The nexus came to light following a sting operation which showed police sub-inspector Sunil Guddler of Anti Narcotic Cell selling drugs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof