Why privilege move against lawyer, court asks Goa Assembly
Panaji: A Goa court has asked the state Assembly`s secretary to explain how the legislature`s privileges are breached by filing of an FIR against the Speaker for his alleged disproportionate assets.
A special anti-corruption court judge issued notice to Goa`s Assembly secretary Wednesday, seeking his response to the privilege notice the assembly issued against a lawyer activist last week.
The notice was issued by Judge Nutan Sardessai, who is hearing a contempt petition filed by activist Aires Rodrigues.
The state legislative Assembly initiated a breach of privilege motion against Rodrigues after he filed a first information report (FIR) against Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, accusing Arlekar of possessing assets disproportionate to his known income.
The Assembly secretary has been asked to explain the rationale behind the privilege motion which has been moved against Rodrigues, and submit his resposne to the Court before March 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?