Why privilege move against lawyer, court asks Goa Assembly
Panaji: A Goa court has asked the state Assembly`s secretary to explain how the legislature`s privileges are breached by filing of an FIR against the Speaker for his alleged disproportionate assets.
A special anti-corruption court judge issued notice to Goa`s Assembly secretary Wednesday, seeking his response to the privilege notice the assembly issued against a lawyer activist last week.
The notice was issued by Judge Nutan Sardessai, who is hearing a contempt petition filed by activist Aires Rodrigues.
The state legislative Assembly initiated a breach of privilege motion against Rodrigues after he filed a first information report (FIR) against Speaker Rajendra Arlekar, accusing Arlekar of possessing assets disproportionate to his known income.
The Assembly secretary has been asked to explain the rationale behind the privilege motion which has been moved against Rodrigues, and submit his resposne to the Court before March 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Donald Trump has no clue about middle class, says Joe Biden
- Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton for US presidency - Highlights
- India, Bangladesh Home Minister-level talks today - Know its agenda
- 2006 Aurangabad arms haul case: MCOCA court likely to announce its order on Abu Jundal today
- PM Narendra Modi to hold NITI Aayog meeting for 15-year vision today