Will become PM if you make me, Manohar Parrikar tells media
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Wednesday said he will become the prime minister if the media made him so.
"If you make me, then I will become (prime minister)," he quipped to requests for comments on the Aam Aadmi Party`s dare to the Bharatiya Janata Party to replace Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate with Parrikar.
"But the BJP will have to tell me," Parrikar told reporters on the sidelines of a cabinet briefing at the state secretariat.
AAP`s Goa spokesperson Dinesh Waghela said Monday that if the BJP valued simplicity, then it should drop Modi and select Parrikar as its prime ministerial candidate.
Equating the AAP with a roadside entity, Parrikar said one should not listen to every bit of advice thrown at you.
"Someone from the road comes and tells you what to do in the kitchen, will you listen to them?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE