Will become PM if you make me, Manohar Parrikar tells media
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Wednesday said he will become the prime minister if the media made him so.
"If you make me, then I will become (prime minister)," he quipped to requests for comments on the Aam Aadmi Party`s dare to the Bharatiya Janata Party to replace Narendra Modi as its prime ministerial candidate with Parrikar.
"But the BJP will have to tell me," Parrikar told reporters on the sidelines of a cabinet briefing at the state secretariat.
AAP`s Goa spokesperson Dinesh Waghela said Monday that if the BJP valued simplicity, then it should drop Modi and select Parrikar as its prime ministerial candidate.
Equating the AAP with a roadside entity, Parrikar said one should not listen to every bit of advice thrown at you.
"Someone from the road comes and tells you what to do in the kitchen, will you listen to them?" he asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie