Woman kingpin of Goa sex racket held from Mumbai
Panaji: A 35-year-old woman was arrested
from Mumbai on the charges of running a prostitution racket in
the coastal state, local police said on Wednesday.
A team of Goa Police, led by Deputy Superintendent of
Police Sammy Tavares and Police Inspector Uttam Raut Desai,
yesterday apprehended Shahin Pathan from the suburban
Nalasopara in Thane district adjoining Mumbai, they said.
Shahin, who is termed as a kingpin in the entire scam,
used to lure Mumbai-based girls under the guise of providing
them jobs in casinos and in dance bars in Goa, a senior police
These girls would later forced into prostitution
through an organised inter-state racket, he added.
The accused could be nabbed after a 25-year-old woman,
who managed to escape from the clutches of the racketeers,
spilled beans on the flesh trade.
The accused was brought to Goa today morning and was
being presented before a court for remand, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog