Woman kingpin of Goa sex racket held from Mumbai
Panaji: A 35-year-old woman was arrested
from Mumbai on the charges of running a prostitution racket in
the coastal state, local police said on Wednesday.
A team of Goa Police, led by Deputy Superintendent of
Police Sammy Tavares and Police Inspector Uttam Raut Desai,
yesterday apprehended Shahin Pathan from the suburban
Nalasopara in Thane district adjoining Mumbai, they said.
Shahin, who is termed as a kingpin in the entire scam,
used to lure Mumbai-based girls under the guise of providing
them jobs in casinos and in dance bars in Goa, a senior police
These girls would later forced into prostitution
through an organised inter-state racket, he added.
The accused could be nabbed after a 25-year-old woman,
who managed to escape from the clutches of the racketeers,
spilled beans on the flesh trade.
The accused was brought to Goa today morning and was
being presented before a court for remand, added police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town