Won`t allow Playboy Club to operate if anything wrong: Goa CM
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Saturday said he will inquire into the entry of Playboy Club, Indian franchisee of the US-based group, in the state.
"We will not allow it (to operate) if there is anything wrong," Parrikar said, responding to a question on the announcement of Playboy Club to set up a shop in Goa.
"I will have to look into the matter. Just because name of the club is Playboy we cannot conclude anything," the Chief Minister added.
Playboy`s property at Candolim beach would be the first amongst 100-odd properties the international group has planned to open in India in the next ten years.
Director of Tourism Nikhil Desai told a news agency that his department was yet to give permission for the club. "What I know is that setting up is at the discussion stage," he said.
Desai earlier had said that the department will shut down the Club if there was nudity, vulgarity or obscenity in the entertainment provided there. Women`s organizations in the state have opposed the Club`s entry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'