Won`t allow Thinkfest in Goa, says tourism minister
Panaji: If the Goa tourism minister has his way, Thinkfest conference, which is annually held in the state, may not be allowed in future unless its promoter and Tehelka founder-editor Tarun Tejpal`s fate in a sexual assault case is decided.
"We will not allow it if such activities are happening there. There are other complaints about the conference too," Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said Wednesday.
"Let him face trial in the case and clear his name," Parulekar said.
Held annually in Goa since 2011, Thinkfest has attracted controversy first over Tejpal`s insensitive comments about Goa and later over sponsorship from dubious corporate entities funding the event.
In the 2013 edition of the festival held earlier this month, Tejpal was accused of sexually assaulting a junior colleague twice in the same resort which hosted the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray