Won`t allow Thinkfest in Goa, says tourism minister
Panaji: If the Goa tourism minister has his way, Thinkfest conference, which is annually held in the state, may not be allowed in future unless its promoter and Tehelka founder-editor Tarun Tejpal`s fate in a sexual assault case is decided.
"We will not allow it if such activities are happening there. There are other complaints about the conference too," Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said Wednesday.
"Let him face trial in the case and clear his name," Parulekar said.
Held annually in Goa since 2011, Thinkfest has attracted controversy first over Tejpal`s insensitive comments about Goa and later over sponsorship from dubious corporate entities funding the event.
In the 2013 edition of the festival held earlier this month, Tejpal was accused of sexually assaulting a junior colleague twice in the same resort which hosted the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what