Won`t insist on Aadhar card initially Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Friday told the Assembly that state agencies will accept photocopies of Aadhar card or even the card number for making available benefits of government schemes if an applicant is yet to get the card.
Though several people haven`t got the cards, it is possible to get print-out, or know the number, from Aadhar website, he said.
The state has decided to make it mandatory to have Aadhar cards for availing welfare schemes. Parrikar said for the initial three months, authorities would take a lenient approach, but "thereafter the card would be compulsory".
Earlier, BJP MLA Kiran Kandolkar said the officers were insisting on Aadhar cards though many people were yet to receive them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!