Won`t insist on Aadhar card initially Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Friday told the Assembly that state agencies will accept photocopies of Aadhar card or even the card number for making available benefits of government schemes if an applicant is yet to get the card.
Though several people haven`t got the cards, it is possible to get print-out, or know the number, from Aadhar website, he said.
The state has decided to make it mandatory to have Aadhar cards for availing welfare schemes. Parrikar said for the initial three months, authorities would take a lenient approach, but "thereafter the card would be compulsory".
Earlier, BJP MLA Kiran Kandolkar said the officers were insisting on Aadhar cards though many people were yet to receive them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US
- Istanbul braces for police lockdown on May Day
- Jat leaders to hold ‘jail bharo’ movement in Haryana today, section 144 imposed in Jind