Won`t insist on Aadhar card initially Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Friday told the Assembly that state agencies will accept photocopies of Aadhar card or even the card number for making available benefits of government schemes if an applicant is yet to get the card.
Though several people haven`t got the cards, it is possible to get print-out, or know the number, from Aadhar website, he said.
The state has decided to make it mandatory to have Aadhar cards for availing welfare schemes. Parrikar said for the initial three months, authorities would take a lenient approach, but "thereafter the card would be compulsory".
Earlier, BJP MLA Kiran Kandolkar said the officers were insisting on Aadhar cards though many people were yet to receive them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists