Won`t insist on Aadhar card initially Parrikar
Panaji: Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar Friday told the Assembly that state agencies will accept photocopies of Aadhar card or even the card number for making available benefits of government schemes if an applicant is yet to get the card.
Though several people haven`t got the cards, it is possible to get print-out, or know the number, from Aadhar website, he said.
The state has decided to make it mandatory to have Aadhar cards for availing welfare schemes. Parrikar said for the initial three months, authorities would take a lenient approach, but "thereafter the card would be compulsory".
Earlier, BJP MLA Kiran Kandolkar said the officers were insisting on Aadhar cards though many people were yet to receive them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days