Would give names to CBI if asked: Goa BJP
Panaji: The BJP in Goa Thursday said it had not
named anyone in its "general" complaint to the CBI on illegal
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Manohar Parrikar,
who was a part of the party delegation which visited Delhi
last week, said BJP leaders met CBI officers there.
"We briefed them about what is happening in the state,"
said Parrikar, who is now facing the question why BJP refused
to name any politician in the complaint to CBI.
Earlier this month, BJP had named, at press conferences,
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, Health Minister Vishwajit Rane, and Urban Development Minister Joaquim Alemao as being involved in the illegal mining scam.
Parrikar told reporters that names would be given to CBI
if it asked.
The BJP leader further said that CBI might not be able to
investigate illegal mining, as the Goa government had not
included mining in the CBI charter.
"The state government has not included Mines and Mineral
Concession Act in the CBI charter," he said, adding that
still, CBI can probe it from the anti-corruption angle.
Parrikar headed the state Assembly`s Public Accounts
Committee, which has claimed in its report that illegal iron
ore mining in Goa was causing loss of Rs 4,000 crore a year to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series
- MHA counters Delhi govt's claims on bureaucrats
- Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel engaged to supermodel Miranda Kerr