Would give names to CBI if asked: Goa BJP
Panaji: The BJP in Goa Thursday said it had not
named anyone in its "general" complaint to the CBI on illegal
Leader of Opposition in the Assembly Manohar Parrikar,
who was a part of the party delegation which visited Delhi
last week, said BJP leaders met CBI officers there.
"We briefed them about what is happening in the state,"
said Parrikar, who is now facing the question why BJP refused
to name any politician in the complaint to CBI.
Earlier this month, BJP had named, at press conferences,
Chief Minister Digambar Kamat, Health Minister Vishwajit Rane, and Urban Development Minister Joaquim Alemao as being involved in the illegal mining scam.
Parrikar told reporters that names would be given to CBI
if it asked.
The BJP leader further said that CBI might not be able to
investigate illegal mining, as the Goa government had not
included mining in the CBI charter.
"The state government has not included Mines and Mineral
Concession Act in the CBI charter," he said, adding that
still, CBI can probe it from the anti-corruption angle.
Parrikar headed the state Assembly`s Public Accounts
Committee, which has claimed in its report that illegal iron
ore mining in Goa was causing loss of Rs 4,000 crore a year to
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured