Originally a Western-Indian dish, Srikhand has now a pan-Indian fan following. Try it out this Ganesh Chaturthi.
• 1 kg Thick Curd
• 3/4 cup Powdered Sugar
• A few strands Saffron
• 1 tbsp Warm Milk
• 2 tsp Cardamom Powder
• Pistachios and Almonds
• Put the curd in a muslin cloth and hang it in a cool place for 5 hours.
• Dissolve the saffron in warm milk.
• Mix the saffron mixture, curd, sugar and cardamom powder in a bowl.
• Churn the mixture using a hand blender.
• Garnish with slivers of almonds and pistachios and serve.
First Published: Friday, August 21, 2009, 10:19