10 injured in cylinder blast in Surat
Surat: Ten persons, including four firefighters, were injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a house at Mughal Sarai area of the city, police said.
The incident took place when the fire officials had gone to Saudara Ni Vadi locality after they received an emergency call following gas leakage, they said.
The firemen were injured when the leaking LPG cylinder kept in the house exploded, police said, adding the incident triggered fire which was later contained.
The injured, including four fire officials and six occupants of the house, have been admitted to government hospital where they are undergoing treatment, they said.
A case of accident has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued