Surat: Ten persons, including four firefighters, were injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a house at Mughal Sarai area of the city, police said.
The incident took place when the fire officials had gone to Saudara Ni Vadi locality after they received an emergency call following gas leakage, they said.
The firemen were injured when the leaking LPG cylinder kept in the house exploded, police said, adding the incident triggered fire which was later contained.
The injured, including four fire officials and six occupants of the house, have been admitted to government hospital where they are undergoing treatment, they said.
A case of accident has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.