10 injured in cylinder blast in Surat
Surat: Ten persons, including four firefighters, were injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a house at Mughal Sarai area of the city, police said.
The incident took place when the fire officials had gone to Saudara Ni Vadi locality after they received an emergency call following gas leakage, they said.
The firemen were injured when the leaking LPG cylinder kept in the house exploded, police said, adding the incident triggered fire which was later contained.
The injured, including four fire officials and six occupants of the house, have been admitted to government hospital where they are undergoing treatment, they said.
A case of accident has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam