10 injured in cylinder blast in Surat
Surat: Ten persons, including four firefighters, were injured when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a house at Mughal Sarai area of the city, police said.
The incident took place when the fire officials had gone to Saudara Ni Vadi locality after they received an emergency call following gas leakage, they said.
The firemen were injured when the leaking LPG cylinder kept in the house exploded, police said, adding the incident triggered fire which was later contained.
The injured, including four fire officials and six occupants of the house, have been admitted to government hospital where they are undergoing treatment, they said.
A case of accident has been registered in this regard and further investigations are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Twenty five militants killed in eastern Nangarhar province in Afghanistan
- Kiren Rijiju celebrates anti-emergency day, says BJP against "dictatorship"
- Minister, 15 others killed in Somalia hotel attack
- Congress stages dharnas demanding resignation of 21 AAP MLAs
- ISIS suspect first to turn informer for British spies: Report