100 affected due to chlorine gas leak in Rajkot
Rajkot: Nearly a hundred people were hospitalised following a chlorine gas leakage on Rajkot-Morbi highway, fire brigade officials said on Monday.
The incident took place last night when a truck carrying nearly 20 chlorine cylinder overturned, sources said adding the truck came down from the road after driver lost
control over the wheel and gas started leaking from one of the cylinders.
Nearly 100 people including passers by and 55 passengers travelling in a State Transport bus were affected due to the gas leak, they said adding affected persons were rushed to private and civil hospital in Morbi.
The road traffic had to be halted for a couple of hours as precautionary measures and the fire brigade personnel sprinkled water to minimise the effect of leaked gas, chief fire officer R K Maheshwari said. Forty one persons were given primary medical treatment while 56 were discharged from the hospitals later. Three
persons are still under observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley