100 affected due to chlorine gas leak in Rajkot
Rajkot: Nearly a hundred people were hospitalised following a chlorine gas leakage on Rajkot-Morbi highway, fire brigade officials said on Monday.
The incident took place last night when a truck carrying nearly 20 chlorine cylinder overturned, sources said adding the truck came down from the road after driver lost
control over the wheel and gas started leaking from one of the cylinders.
Nearly 100 people including passers by and 55 passengers travelling in a State Transport bus were affected due to the gas leak, they said adding affected persons were rushed to private and civil hospital in Morbi.
The road traffic had to be halted for a couple of hours as precautionary measures and the fire brigade personnel sprinkled water to minimise the effect of leaked gas, chief fire officer R K Maheshwari said. Forty one persons were given primary medical treatment while 56 were discharged from the hospitals later. Three
persons are still under observation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city