100 men arrested for rioting in Patdi town of Surendranagar district
Rajkot: Nearly 100 persons from both
Thakore and minority community were arrested in Patdi town of
Surendranagar district for rioting in which a youth was
killed, police said here Wednesday.
Both the community members clashed yesterday following
death of one Hitesh Thakore late night in a hospital in
Ahmedabad, after he was seriously injured in the earlier clash
on March 6, police said.
Both groups attacked each other with sticks and iron
bars but there was no report of any one injured in the fresh
clash, police said, adding a couple of rounds of teargas
shells were lobbed to disperse the groups.
Meanwhile nearly 100 persons from both the groups were
arrested on charges of riots, police said, adding nearly eight
members of minority community were booked for killing Hitesh.
Surendranagar Police Superintendent Ashok Kumar Yadav
said that additional security arrangement has been made and
the situation is totally under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery