100 men arrested for rioting in Patdi town of Surendranagar district
Rajkot: Nearly 100 persons from both
Thakore and minority community were arrested in Patdi town of
Surendranagar district for rioting in which a youth was
killed, police said here Wednesday.
Both the community members clashed yesterday following
death of one Hitesh Thakore late night in a hospital in
Ahmedabad, after he was seriously injured in the earlier clash
on March 6, police said.
Both groups attacked each other with sticks and iron
bars but there was no report of any one injured in the fresh
clash, police said, adding a couple of rounds of teargas
shells were lobbed to disperse the groups.
Meanwhile nearly 100 persons from both the groups were
arrested on charges of riots, police said, adding nearly eight
members of minority community were booked for killing Hitesh.
Surendranagar Police Superintendent Ashok Kumar Yadav
said that additional security arrangement has been made and
the situation is totally under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB