100 men arrested for rioting in Patdi town of Surendranagar district
Rajkot: Nearly 100 persons from both
Thakore and minority community were arrested in Patdi town of
Surendranagar district for rioting in which a youth was
killed, police said here Wednesday.
Both the community members clashed yesterday following
death of one Hitesh Thakore late night in a hospital in
Ahmedabad, after he was seriously injured in the earlier clash
on March 6, police said.
Both groups attacked each other with sticks and iron
bars but there was no report of any one injured in the fresh
clash, police said, adding a couple of rounds of teargas
shells were lobbed to disperse the groups.
Meanwhile nearly 100 persons from both the groups were
arrested on charges of riots, police said, adding nearly eight
members of minority community were booked for killing Hitesh.
Surendranagar Police Superintendent Ashok Kumar Yadav
said that additional security arrangement has been made and
the situation is totally under control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan