11 Bangladeshi nationals arrested from Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Eleven Bangladeshi nationals
living illegally in the city have been arrested from
Naroda, Isanpur and Chandola lake area, city crime branch
From the Naroda area in Krishnanagar, Tuku Ranga
Sheikh (62) and his family comprising his wife Munjila (45),
daughter Risina (20), two sons Chandu (16) and Rahul (4) were
Crime branch officials said the family had crossed the
Indo-Bangladesh border by paying Rs 2,000 to an agent and come
From Isanpur area, one Jahirul Sheikh (24) and wife
Rani (20) along with Hussain Gaji (22) were arrested.
The officials also arrested Ranju Khatun (22) from the
same area, who was earlier deported back to Bangladesh in
2007, but came back to India six months ago by crossing the
Another Bangladesh national, Babli Holi (35), was also
arrested. She had earlier come legally with passport but was
sent back after her visa expired. She sneaked into India
illegally a few months ago, they said.
From Chandola lake area, police also found Shahzad
Sheikh (7) roaming on the streets. They found that the boy`s
mother and sister were already sent back to Bangladesh. Police
said all the eleven arrested would be deported back to their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal