11 black bucks found dead in Junagadh
Ahmedabad: Eleven black bucks were today
found dead on the outskirts of Gir forest area in Visavadar
"Bodies of 11 black bucks were found in the revenue area
of Visavadar taluka," Range Forest Officer, Junagadh, Sudhir
"The bodies were found at five different places near the
border of Kanabadla and Nana-Hadmatia villages. Three of the
black bucks were male and eight were females," he said.
All the bodies have been sent for post-mortem and we
are trying to identify the cause behind death of these
animals, he added.
"We suspect it to be a case of poisoning, which could
have occurred due to mixing up of urea in drinking water
available in the vicinity," Chaturvedi said.
The forest officials were informed about the death of
black bucks by the locals, and thereafter a team of forest
department officials reached the site to ascertain the cause
of death, sources said.
Black bucks are enlisted as protected species in the
Wildlife Protection Act of 1972.
"An estimated population of around 400 to 500 black bucks
resides within a 10-12 kilometre radius of this area, where
they keep roaming freely," a forest officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie