11 killed, 3 injured as auto-rickshaw collides with bus
Anand (Gujarat): Eleven people were killed and three others seriously injured when an auto-rickshaw collided with a road transport bus near a village in Kheda district on Friday, police said.
The deceased, mostly from Devki Vansol village of Kheda, included nine men, one woman and a 10-year-old child, police said.
The accident took place when the auto-rickshaw the victims were travelling in collided with the state transport authority bus, coming from opposite direction on Nadiad-Mahemdavad highway near Andhaj village, Kheda Deputy Superintendent of Police Makrand Chauhan said.
Identification of the deceased is underway and the bodies have been sent to Nadiad Civil Hospital for the inquest, he added.
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus which hit the auto rickshaw was going to Ahmedabad from Pavagadh.
The seriously injured had been admitted to Ahmedabad Civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey