11 killed, 3 injured as auto-rickshaw collides with bus
Anand (Gujarat): Eleven people were killed and three others seriously injured when an auto-rickshaw collided with a road transport bus near a village in Kheda district on Friday, police said.
The deceased, mostly from Devki Vansol village of Kheda, included nine men, one woman and a 10-year-old child, police said.
The accident took place when the auto-rickshaw the victims were travelling in collided with the state transport authority bus, coming from opposite direction on Nadiad-Mahemdavad highway near Andhaj village, Kheda Deputy Superintendent of Police Makrand Chauhan said.
Identification of the deceased is underway and the bodies have been sent to Nadiad Civil Hospital for the inquest, he added.
The Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation (GSRTC) bus which hit the auto rickshaw was going to Ahmedabad from Pavagadh.
The seriously injured had been admitted to Ahmedabad Civil hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY