12 Pakistani fishermen apprehended off Guj coast
Jamnagar: The Indian Coast Guard today apprehended 12 Pakistani fishermen and impounded their boat 38 nautical miles off the International Maritime Boundary Line (IMBL) near Jakhau coast, Gujarat.
This being a non-fishing season due to the monsoon, the boat aroused suspicion, ICG sources said.
Kutch police had located the boat `Rehman Baba` in Indian waters on Monday. An ICG helicopter traced it today.
The fishermen will be taken tonight to the Joint Interrogation Centre (JIC) in Okha. No incriminating document or equipment was recovered from their possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Who said what on Anil Kumble's appointment as Team India's head coach
- 78 dead, 200 badly hurt in extreme weather in eastern China
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report