12-year-old girl files FIR against alcoholic father in Gujarat
Kevadia (Gujarat): A 12-year-old tribal
girl from Dhamadra village has filed a police complaint
against her own father, and got him arrested in a
Sobhna, studying in class seventh, rode 12 km on her
bicycle to reach Kevadia police station from her village all
alone yesterday, and got a complaint registered against her
father, saying he was disturbing him in her studies when the
examinations were approaching.
The girl said in her complaint that her father was a
liquor addict, and every day, after getting drunk, he fought
with other members of the family, which hampered her studies.
The police registered a case related to prohibition
against the father, Chandu Tadvi, and arrested him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test